R. Stewart Braswell
- Born 8th December 1969 at Archbold
Hospital in Thomasville, Georgia
Grew up in
Ochlocknee, GA on a farm which produced corn, cotton, rye, tobacco, soybeans, and
peanuts. We also had cows, horses, chickens, and pigs!
- Studied Kindergarten through 12th grade at Brookwood School
in Thomasville, Georgia
and graduated with the Class of 1988.
- In December 1991, I travelled to Nicaragua on a
short-term medical mission trip with Living Faith Fellowship (Church
of the Nations) and Faith
and Freedom Ministries where I met the love of my life...Luvi Areli
Miranda...who would later become my beautiful wife and mother of our three
- Graduated from the University of Georgia
in Athens, Georgia where I earned a
Bachelor of Science in Education with a
major in Business Education in '95 and a Master of Education in Occupational Studies
with an emphasis in Business Education in '97.
- Worked for five years for the University of Georgia Athletic
Association as the football team video technician.
- Performed my student teaching at
Instituto de Thomas Jefferson in
Mexico City, Mexico in 1995.
- Studied and served for 7 months in France, Turkey,
Republic of Georgia, and the Republic of Armenia with the
University of the Nations
- Worked for five years in the Technology/Career
Education Department (Business, Marketing, and
Information Management Section ) at Oconee County High School as the
Career Center Coordinator, an instructor for various business subjects, and
Cooperative Training (DCT) Coordinator. Coordinating the DCT
work-based learning program gave me the opportunity to work with
business/technical/industrial students in the classroom and supervise them at
their career associated jobs in the community. In addition, I was the
advisor of the SkillsUSA
VICA (Vocational Industrial Clubs of America) Chapter and co-advisor for
the Future Business Leaders of America
(FBLA) Chapter. I was responsible for setting up and managing the
Spear-It Shop which was the school store, and I also edited the Tomahawk Talk
Newsletter. I'm thankful for the time invested in the lives of the
students at OCHS.
- Moved to the United
Arab Emirates and lived at the Marbella
Resort in Sharjah,
September '02 to July '05.
- Worked for three years with the Technical Secondary Schools Strategic Development
Project (University of Georgia of the USA- Year 1 and
Manukau Institute of Technology of New Zealand
- Years 2 and 3) as a Business
Curriculum Expert for the Business Schools in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Dubai,
Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah, and Sharjah. These schools were with the Department of Technical
Education and Ministry of Education
and Youth of the United Arab Emirates.
- Sold my home in Bogart, GA USA in April 2005.
- Purchased Flat 2410 in Al Marwa Tower in Sharjah, UAE in May 2005.
- In July 2005, accepted a position at
Institute of Applied Technology as the
Computing Coordinator with the responsibility of teaching Emirati students
in grades 10, 11, and 12. (The current contract ends during the summer
- Married in Dubai, UAE 26th October 2007. Held 2nd
Wedding Service in Turrialba, Costa Rica on 29th December 2007. My
wife and children (Bani, Elias, and Luvita) joined me in the UAE in January
- Finalized the Sale of Flat 2410 in Al Marwa Tower in
- Finalized the Purchase of Flat 1101 and Flat 1105 in Star City / Najmat Medina in
- Purchased Flat 904 in Star City / Najmat Medina in January 2008.
- When Mr. Braswell isn't teaching at IAT Dubai, he enjoys
exploring, and fellowship with his family and friends. Travel and
Experience make excellent teachers! Planet Earth is the best
- Resigned from IAT / ATHS at the end of September 2011 and
visited various States in the USA for 3 1/2 months with my family for a time
of reflection, vacation, transition, healing, and peace after having
lived/served in the UAE for 9 years.
- Moved with my family to Managua, Nicaragua in January
2012 to further work/serve with the
Compassion To The Nations which exists to Honor God and Make Disciples
for God. To God be the Glory!
The Early Years in the UAE!
UAE Ministry of Education and Youth